Togo Import Restrictions
In order to enter Togo, certain goods are subject to specific controls and, regardless of their value and quantity, they require the consent of Togo government, preferably, license must be obtained prior to passage through the customs, preventing the goods from being retained. On this page, you will see what kinds of items are prohibited from entering the Togo, and which items need special documentation before exporting to Togo.
Senders should determine import restrictions from Togo authorities before posting :
- Alcoholic beverages
- Drugs and medicines
- Hunting rifles
- Weapons and parts of weapons
EDN’s and export permits are required for:
- Kangaroo skins
- Crocodile skins
- Emu oil
- Fish oil
- Bunker oil
- Petroleum bases products
- Tobacco and tobacco products
- Any other alcohol including beer and spirits all volumes.
Togo has no current requirements for special documentation.
The sender and receiver details must be addressed with a valid street address in English. A Post Office Box address is not acceptable.
The sender is responsible for finding if the destination country may impose duties, taxes, brokerage fees or any other fees that may be applied on the item that is being sent. Please contact the consulate office of the country you are sending to or contact the ECI customer contact centre on 1800 007 678.
In addition to items prohibited by Dangerous and Prohibited Goods & Packaging Post Guide and ECI International Courier Regulations, Togo prohibits:
- Coffee products
- Coins, silver
- Dangerous goods, haz or comb materials
- Distilling apparatus
- Lotteries and advertising
- Marks of origin, false
- Military equipment
- Metal, pieces of, resembling the legal coinage
- Precious metals and stones
- Plants and parts of plants
- Radar equipment transmitters/receivers
- Saccharine and related products
- Weights and measures, non-metric.