Niger Import Restrictions
In order to enter Niger, certain goods are subject to specific controls and, regardless of their value and quantity, they require the consent of Niger government, preferably, license must be obtained prior to passage through the customs, preventing the goods from being retained. On this page, you will see what kinds of items are prohibited from entering the Niger, and which items need special documentation before exporting to Niger.
Senders should determine import restrictions from Niger authorities before posting:
- Cheques, cashier
- Communications equipment
- Computer components and parts
- Drugs: prescription and non-prescription
- Distilling apparatus
- Essences and extracts soluble in alcohol
- Gold items
- Military appliances
- Mineral water
- Plants and parts of plants
- Telecommunications equipment
EDN’s and export permits are required for:
- Kangaroo skins
- Crocodile skins
- Emu oil
- Fish oil
- Bunker oil
- Petroleum bases products
- Tobacco and tobacco products
- Any other alcohol including beer and spirits all volumes.
Drugs and medicines
Niger accepts drugs and medicines only if addressed to a chemist.
Commercial goods require an invoice attached to the customs declaration.
The sender and receiver details must be addressed with a valid street address in English. A Post Office Box address is not acceptable.
The sender is responsible for finding if the destination country may impose duties, taxes, brokerage fees or any other fees that may be applied on the item that is being sent. Please contact the consulate office of the country you are sending to or contact the ECI customer contact centre on 1800 007 678.
In addition to items prohibited by Dangerous and Prohibited Goods & Packaging Post Guide and ECI International Courier Regulations, Niger prohibits:
- Bullion and currency
- Coin-making apparatus
- Dangerous goods, haz. or comb. materials
- Diamonds, rough
- Fish in tins exceeding 1 kg
- Precious stones and metals
- Red Cross designs
- Trademarks, French, false
- Weights and measures, non-metric.